Friday, April 15, 2011

the night before the BULL

The big wait is almost over for me, I am done with my small responsibilities in the world of tax and am off in some hours to Kerala, my home and the green. Growing up, none of my friends must have felt that I would turn up to be nutty nostalgic individual by the time I become late twenties. I was always the guy with the eye for women, booze, friends, rogue missions and a lot of things that seemed very alien to the serenity of the small town I did my schooling. But, then time had a different tale to say about my fascination for Kerala.

My flight leaves at 10:30 Hrs tomorrow and now that seems longer than W T F. But, then Deloitte has taught me a thing or two about time and spending it doing nothing, while there is very little work to do in the world of tax, our lean seasons. My travel check list is almost crossed out, the Bull, at the work-shop ready to be saddled, the traveling plans to Cochin confirmed with my fellow riders.

 I will be getting home close to 1PM and a good meal Amma made, boy just the thought makes me say it yet again, 'nothing like a home cooked meal'. And an evening watching the Manchester United in the FA cup semi finals, the time we 3 wait for Rohit to get to Cochin and finally when his train reaches at wee hours of Sunday Morning, hit the road straight from the station. Hope his train gets here by 2AM as scheduled on Sunday morning, or else it will be yet another screw up before we actually hit the road.

The trail we are following goes somewhat like this:
Sunday (4AM start) : Cochin - Athirapally Water Falls - Sholayar - Parambikullam - Malakkapara - Valparai
Monday: Valparai - Pollachi - Udumalpettu - Kodaikanal - Top Station - Munnar
Tuesday: Munnar - Iddukki Dam - Ramakalmedu - Cumbam - Thekkady
Wednesday: Thekkady - Kumily - Vagamon - Kottayam - Kumarakom - Cochin

Looks like a lot of places to go, but then, for me it is not exactly about seeing new places, but it is more about turning the curves with the foot rest rubbing on the asphalt and the wind on the visor.

3 comments:

  1. hoooo, almost the same routes i and my friends took decades ago.Except for Vagamon. We started off fro Cochin, Polachi, Kodai, Mattupatti, Munnar ........
    Have agreat biking.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ohhh this sure looks simply simply to die for! Have fun

    ReplyDelete
  3. A lot of new places, a lot of memories to carry forward. Hope you had /are having a good time.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...