Monday, October 31, 2011

on God


I tell Amma, "that is bull-shit. If God exist, and he possess all the powers you so truly believe in, then he is the world's biggest fraud or else the biggest pervert". If he exist and he was truly the good as you believe, then why the misery in man's life. Why the poverty, why the famine, why the earthquake and why on earth rape, murder and pedophiles?

Man is just a form of life on earth. A planet, revolving around the Sun, in not all that the biggest of galaxies called Milky Way. Every night, when you look up to the stars, you are looking back into the time, when even your forefathers wouldn't have existed. The light that you see shining, must have had began its travel from its source, even before you breathed the first time. How could you ever be sure, life doesn't exist, any place else.

 How can you believe, in the existence of such a form as the Bible says, with all the goodness and not a single bad and yet find it hard to accommodate the 6.97 living with all this space around. If God was the wisest of all and perhaps the shrewdest, like our blue form of almighty as the Mahabharata sketches, couldn't he in all his wisdom, reined the 6.97 to happiness. Oh, I am sorry, at this context we are dealing with Gods more selfish than humans. And now, if Quran is to be believed, it existed ever since universe existed and why this failure from almighty, to use all that experience in wiping away the tears from human faces. Religion and religious books, both are just a farce. And God, the biggest of all.

Amma couldn't stand more blasphemy on a single go, straight after her Sunday mass, while fixing up the breakfast for her son. She was stuck for words and she knew, any line by her and I would grip on to it and cause more blasphemy to emerge from her extended kitchen, which haven't been heard for almost two years now. Guess, she felt it to much of a curse to invite on a Sunday morning and the her only words were, "get the tray with coffee mugs to the dining table, I will get the plates."

Breakfast gave way to more coffee and a sumptuous lunch. For the afternoon siesta, I walk down to Granpas place, couple of hundred meters away. Lie on his easy chair and listening to him speak about childhood and his curious inquiries on my one week with themis. He sits up-straight, as if he remembered  something serious and in all possibilities, I thought must be to call up some old lawyer friend of his and get me acquainted, he says, "We need to go see Ammachi, not now, couple of hours later. The candle we burn for her has made a mess and we have to clean it. It is all souls day, day after tomorrow. She would prefer her things to be clean and not just illuminated every evening."

Lost for words, all I manage to tell him back, "I will pick you at 5 and we will attend the mass as well." Stephen Hawkins and universe and logic and reason, nothing comes to my rescue, nor does God.

10 comments:

  1. It is not wise to make such statements to a person, your mother who is from an entirely different generation and conditioning. Your assertions to her are because of the hubris of youth. The best way is to go with her beliefs for its sake and if that does not do harm to her and for you to superficially follow that in her presence. Better not to comment than be audacious.

    God is a helpless creation, incarcerated by man since he was crafted; he is tethered, bound, hands legs and mouth, pasted with cello tape. He is not let to speak Faith and religion that were created in his name dose the job. Man wants it that way. Should the son of God be back here again, he is sure to be hounded once more.

    “Who really knows? Who will here proclaim it? Whence was it produced? Whence is this creation? The gods came afterwards, with the creation of this universe. Who then knows whence it has risen?- perhaps it formed itself, or perhaps it did not-the one who looks down on it, in the highest heaven, only he knows- perhaps he does not know.” (Rig Veda quoted from “The Argumentative Indian’ “by Amartya Sen).

    Hence it is wise to make such statements to peers. And enjoy a lively discussion . Don’t you think?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Anil - i agree with you about playing it for for there smile.

      The quote from rig veda got me ticking, I need to read the book by Mr. Sen and then maybe get some english translations of the four vedas. Do you have any clue about which and what to buy to have a good translated version?

      Delete
  2. Truly love the 'raw',jovial thoughts from you.Just like hot from oven.Fresh.

    I don't know much about what's in 'real God',yet some fixation in this nasty place make it precious is what I have experienced.Some wonderful atheists I have known,with 100 % honesty.I thought they are the true spirituals.Then again when I look out of my window,I see beautiful flowers,the wafting fragrance,the ever changing clouds,I remember a verse from Qoran that there is a point of wisdom in every single thing in life.You see the mere grass and olive in same soil,fed by the same water,but the result and outcome is both different.For intelligent,there is something in everything.

    Whatever Ousu,I wonder why we all bring the sorrows,the pains in life to prove that there is NO real powerful God .The so called troubles and pains make me worth a person I beleive.God is not a magician to me if it's there or not.

    The 'ism'ists,philosophers all are believers.Of ONLY what they think.Which make them move.

    On the last few sentences-there you are !

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melange - Thank you for thinking about my thoughts and finding some unanswered questions in it, some that maybe you too share, about life.

      Delete
  3. Scandalising your mum right on a sunday morning after mass.... wow only you can manage that. :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shyama - My blasphemous mouth precedes me in my immediate family. I know I am one of those rare breeds, who find a sadistic pleasure in shaking their beliefs right on a Sunday morning, after mass. I wouldn't dream about tiring them with it, but a holistic reminder to let them know my thoughts, so that I don't get forced to overdo the church and family prayer. The devilish mind at work, don't you think?

      Delete
  4. This comment has nothing to do with your post...which btw, is cool...

    Just wanted to say hello on discovering that you too are of the Man Utd clan :P

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I bleed red, is about Man United and I am a crazy fan as well. A dream of catching a full season of the league, still I hold close. :)

      Delete
  5. you write too good. im in awe. really i am

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sumi - Thank you for liking the way I write. I have read your poems and I feel the same about it. I think I cant write poems for whatever I try do.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...