Wednesday, March 21, 2012

ogling at a girl's navel !!


A friends 'treat', thrown in celebration of saying adieu from 'practice of law' to join her husband working in the Middle East, gave me a much needed break from the serious faces staring from law briefs  and be in the chilled environment of a coffee lounge, wrapped around with the presence of youngsters and their loud voices.

Sitting leisurely, with the eyes half closed, sinking with the tickling of the green apple soda, making its way into me, I couldn't help but pause for a moment, looking at the six girls sitting a little away from us. I am not sure, whether I should call them girls, for they looked in their early twenties and ripe enough to be called a woman. The girls were adorned in sarees, draping the young silhouettes in style, giving themselves a false look of maturity. The lounge had this aura, that their presence had brought, an aura of life and vigor, of promises and dreams.

Spending a lion's share of every day, surrounded by people in black and white, my eyes couldn't help but ogle, though I tried not to. The friend, who was to pay for my apple soda, found my eyes wandering on to the girls, in a harmless caress and then again repeating it every other minute.

I saw a girl from the six, wearing an yellow saree rise and my eyes followed her like the pug in the Vodafone add. Her saree had moved and her navel was at the mercy of my lecherous eyes, which for a moment I enjoyed like a feast and  then something made me look away. Acting innocent, my eyes circled all the way round, back from her, to be met by the stare of  my apple soda sponsor and I had to confess with a little shame, "I saw her navel, the girl wearing the yellow saree. I couldn't help but just look when she stood up".

11 comments:

  1. Your photo says it all. You had a fix on one from the six. For a fleeting moment your heart started
    beating faster?

    ReplyDelete
  2. The saree is as much as a designer burkha worn to allude the symmetrical beauty of the feminine physique. And indulging a bit in beauty that beholds one's eyes is not sin as per the commandments. So Ousu get on by appreciating.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Windowshopping is always a great pleasurable activity

    ReplyDelete
  4. CG Bhargav - The heart beat faster, when the saree rode inches up and I was about to have the glance :P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Anil - i should have been appreciating without a complaint, but then a little complaint came in from someplace for having looked, someplace from within me, which prompted to write this post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. mr B - the quantum of pleasure, we both agree. But, is it a right or wrong, in the context of socio-moral code of conduct of civilized respectful and respected individuals?

    ReplyDelete
  7. wookay... um... so do all guys look at girls this way? ^_- ?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sandra - hhhmmm I can speak for myself, sometimes I look..there is always this conflict inside, a part saying not to and then something makes me do and at times the other way round.. i know it is same with my close friends as well..and I have seen men stare, just the way I did, most of the places I have been to.. i could at the best say, I believe guys look at women, the way I did, from whatever I have seen of men, in the small world I exist in..

    ReplyDelete
  9. Isnt this absolutely normal? I mean common men are made that way! And women dress in a way to be noticed :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Insignia - probably that should be true, but then why this conflict inside?? that is something I couldn't quite understand..

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...